It’s starting to get really busy now and we’ve introduced a few changes to the toolbar in your page designer to help streamline the process of adding content. Firstly you’ll see the add title text, add body text, add frame and add shape icons are now shown at the top of the toolbar. You’ll be using these pretty often so it makes sense for them to be nice and easy to find! You’ll also notice your toolbar now features icons for the different types of content you may wish to include, i.e. profiles, collages, awards and articles etc. If you click onto the profiles icon you will now be presented with all options relating to profiles, the same goes for collages and so on so nothings hidden away in another section. To help you use and understand all of the features of your shiny new toolbar, here is a quick overview of each of the features 😀
- Profile group for spread – Allows you to set which of your groups appears on the spread.
- Profile questions – View which profile questions have been asked and optionally add more 🙂
- Flip/mirror profile slots – Allows you to mirror slots from the left page so you can alternate your pages.
- Profile Layouts – choose a template to fit your yearbook profiles, from a double page per person to 30 on a spread.
- Shuffle or scramble pics– shuffle to quickly switch all the photos on the page into the different frames in your collage or scramble to rotate all your images slightly for a scattered effect 🙂
- Quick collage grid – Build your own collage layouts according to many photos you wish to use
- Collage layouts – Some premade templates to help you drop photos into collages in super-quick time!
Articles & Other pages
- Custom page uploads – all the features we discussed yesterday about custom pages tied neatly into this section 🙂
- Article layouts – choose a template to quickly make article pages about trips and in-school events.
Actions & Options
This icon will unveil a selection of tools to help you complete more general tasks in your book. You probably wont use these very often but it’s good to have the option right?! They’ll help you to complete those tedious tasks quickly so you can get on with the fun stuff 😀
- Duplicate layout/theme – decided on a lovely colour palette or layout and want to use it on multiple pages? Transfer your layout and theme to your new spread using this handy little button!
- Delete spread – removes unwanted spreads from the book
- Highlight profile slots – Great for more complicated profile template designs this allows you to highlight the slots and check everyone’s entries match up with the correct person in the book.
- Reset defaults – restore the default palette and fonts to the spread.
- Snap to grid – allows you to turn off the snap to grid feature when designing your pages
- Keyboard shortcuts – some bonus info for the pros, use these keyboard shortcuts as an alternative to clicking buttons 🙂